Favorite Rosie O'donnell Films
I don't think @dave realized when faux-requesting this list that I was an early fan of Ms. O'Donnell's, dating back to when she hosted the video countdown on VH1, ca.'89. In '94, when I was in college, she came to Washington, DC, for the pre-Broadway tryout of GREASE. It was bad. Yet I wrote her a fan letter and we had dinner at Planet Hollywood.☺️
- •The Flintstones[supplemented with non sequitur info from IMDB] " [To participants at the launch of the 2011-12 TV season] I have gotten better. We had dinner last week, and I was pretty good the whole dinner. I made sure not to have one drink. I was, like, 'Give me a Diet Coke and talk slowly. Mommy needs to not scare the new employers, OK?' I can be overly enthusiastic, as some of you may know, but it's going well."
- •A League of Their OwnQuoth the Rosie: "Unfortunately in the gay community, oftentimes people that get the most attention are the most flamboyant and loud. And that's not to dismiss them, because drag queens and, you know, leather motorcycle women, they have their place in the gay community as well. But they're not -- they don't define the gay community by any stretch of the imagination."
- •Riding the Bus with My SisterUnrelated(?) trivia: Used to work in the catalog department at Sears. Her job was to attach the orders to the catalogs, dump the catalogs in the correct bins, and then fetch the orders for the customers. (Imdb)
- •A Very Brady Sequel (uncredited)(did she do background work?)Quote: "Radical Christianity is just as threatening as radical Islam in a country like America." (Imdb)
- •Sleepless in SeattleTrivia: Has said that she will never have biological children because of a family history of alcoholism and cancer. She plans to adopt more children, and is also becoming a certified foster parent (as of December 1999). (Imdb)
- •Another StakeoutQuote: "[Talking about Lindsay Lohan]: "Her behavior on her latest film "Georgia Rule" was unacceptable. It's not like she was doing Dumb & Dumber 2. It's a Jane Fonda movie! Be early! I saw Lohan stumbling around a club drunk once and her mother was going, 'She's all right!' I can say this from experience: it's hard to be famous, and she's not doing it well at this point. But she'll get into rehab, take care of the eating disorder, and be all better in two years and have a huge comeback".
- •Corrina, CorrinaPsych! That was Whoopi Goldberg.