How to Roll Up in a New City When You're Single and Ready to Mingle Late on a Friday Night
By way of example, I am back in L.A. this weekend, for a quick visit from my beloved NYC.
- •LyftIt's like roulette, but sometimes you get a driver who's fun and flirty. Note: Uber drivers are older and boringer, from personal experience.
- •TinderSay hey to the locals in a casual way. Ten swipes and put it away.
- •Local singles barFUBAR is the closest one to my L.A. place. It's hit or miss. But can't the same be said for life? JK, have a drink/ogle and be sure to tip your bartender/gogo.
- •GrindrHere's where we separate the gays from the strays™. This is realtime location-based announcing your presence. No turning back, those people whose messages you ignored last time you were in town are about to be back. They're probably not thrilled you ignored them. (Sidebar: @Ders808 does this qualify as a chunky graf?)
- •ListAppWhy not compose a list while you're waiting for the connections to be made?
- •Facebook and/or InstagramBeware: this says "I'm needy, and might be ready to over-program myself with friends, rather than actually try to make a love connection, because I like the hunt more than the capture." And that's OK.
- •Go to bed.Everybody knows your most meaningful connections will be made over single-origin coffee tomorrow.