In honor of our nation's unanimous jubilation (regarding Magic Mike XXL), a list of films set in the city that calls itself The Big Guava.
- •Magic MikeFilmed on location in the strip clubs of party district Ybor City, and on the sand bars of Tampa Bay.
- •Cop and a HalfBurt Reynolds' finest non-Smokey/Boogie Nights work? Maybe.
- •The New Parent TrapA TV movie is still a movie.
- •Magic Mike XXL?Not sure. I'll get back to you. (Update: Yup. There was even a derisive shoutout to Northdale, where I derisively went to high school.)
- •Spring BreakersSt Pete. A suburb of Tampa.Suggested by @CarlosHerrera
- •CocoonSet in neighboring St. Petersburg. Old folks on parade, one of Ron Howard's first flicks.
- •Edward ScissorhandsFilmed in the suburb of Wesley Chapel, just north of Tampa. But pretty good. Most of the houses are still painted in the same pastels Tim Burton wanted. Johnny Depp and Wynona Ryder got their infamous tattoos in Tampa.
- •The Punisher2004 one with Thomas Jane. Boring. Very boring.Suggested by @eliolsberg