The Only Times I Miss @jansonebwoodlee
After acquainting through @dave circa 2007 in New York, @jansonebwoodlee and I truly attained friendship in 2013 when we were both living in Los Angeles. I ghosted back to NY at the end of that year, and he moved to Austin sometime after that; I haven't seen his punim or heard his phonation in person since then.
- •When I walk into a bar that's playing a song by Solange, as happened tonight.He suggested we take in the younger Ms. Knowles's concert at House of Blues once upon a time. Life changer.
- •When he disappears for days from the three-way text party-line @dave and I have with him.Even though we know he'll return with the wittiest reply and stories from his virtual walkabout.
- •When he will be invited to, but decline to attend, my eventual wedding to a ListApper we both have our eyes on.We shall leave it at that. Speculation welcome but will be neither confirmed nor denied.
- •When I see a Jeep Wrangler, hear the word "boxy," smell Baltimore, feel feelings, or taste coffee at Commissary.
- •When Rob Schmitt anchors the noon news on NBC4 or posts a banal pic on Insta.
- •When someone invokes Sarah McLachlan's magnum opus, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy, as also happened tonight, during a film q&a(?!)
- •Days that end in y.