Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood?
The first people I usually see after I leave my apartment
- •The landlord's son-in-lawAs a subletter of the subletter of the tenant of record (New Yorkers, you feel me?), I try not to get into any conversation longer than "how's it goin'?" while he sorts the recyclables. He seems fine with that.
- •The waitress at the "Alpine bbq" restaurant on the cornerMost days, she looks like she regrets moving here. Other days, she looks almost happy. Almost.
- •The staff at my local post officeI avoid eye contact while I breeze in to check my PO box, because they have a game where they insult everyone they speak to.
- •Donut guyHis nametag says Sandr and he looks like he could be a model if he weren't working at Dunkin Donuts. He throws extra donut holes into my bag and has a nice smile. I wonder what he does for fun. Maybe next time I'll ask.
- •Equinox front desk personPsych! I quit that place. ClassPass FTW y'all!