5 THINGS WRITERS ARE COINCIDENTALLY GOOD AT.
From a writer's perspective, of course.
- •Turning the bad into good.Yes, I got hit by a car going 20 mph and I tried to walk it off. Yes, I hit my nose on the metal playground while trying to impress my crush when I was drunk. This will make the best scene in my book or a good chapter in my memoir.
- •Getting to really know someone.Dark past? We love it. Embarrassing story? Do tell more. And please, don't leave out any details.
- •Being the problem solver in a group project.We're always coming up with new ideas. Especially when the first draft turns out to be utter complete sh**.
- •Being a note taker.Whether it's using a pen or a MacBook, hand cramps don't exist. I mean, they do. It's like kryptonite to Superman. But we persevere and shake it off like Taylor Swift told us to.
- •Writing essays for just about any class.You need a 3,000 word essay about Marie de France? You got it. We know lots of words. We will take such a simple sentence and string it out as much as we can to get to that goal.