TOP TEN ALBUMS OF 2015
My pick for best albums of the year
- 1.Grimes - ArtAngelsEqual parts brash and catchy 'ArtAngels' is instantly classic and relevant. It shows what can be achieved when an artist let's go of their fears and releases themselves to their muse. In Grimes' case this means waxing lyrical about gender, sexuality, violence, conservation and self worth. A masterpiece cunningly disguised as a trip into the strange and surreal.
- 2.Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & LowellComing to grips with his estranged mothers untimely death resulted in Stevens most beautiful and fragile work to date.
- 3.Chvrches - Every Open EyeLauren Mayberry and her boys were back and winning hearts with this effervescent, confident and flawless album. Not a single miss step on this album.
- 4.Foals - What Went DownIn what was set to be the bands biggest album to date, What Went Down fell just short of being something colossal. The big beats, catchy riffs and consistent production did however produce a highly enjoyable album.
- 5.Active Child - MercyGrossi knows how to pen a stunning ballad and there are many here.
- 6.New Order - Music CompleteChoosing to ditch the guitars and return to their New Wave roots was a wise move. This album drips in cool and is effortless in getting you on the dancefloor.
- 7.Blur - The Magic WhipIt's just so damn great to have these boys back again. One part 90s to two parts modern this album went down a treat.
- 8.Titus Andronicus - The Most Lamentable TragedyBig, bold and operatic, this risk paid off.
- 9.Roisin Murphy - Hairless ToysMurphys best work.
- 10.Albert Hammond Jr - Momentary MastersCatchy af