MEMORIES OF BIRTHDAY PARTIES PAST
- •Petit Fours and PunchFor my 10th birthday, I had petit fours instead of cake. I also had punch made of fruit punch mixed with Sprite. The petit fours were inspired by the Samantha books from American Girl, which I was reading at the time.
- •Where I Didn't Watch Jurassic ParkThis was actually for a friend's birthday. She had a sleepover and everyone watched "Jurassic Park" (the original; this was around 1994)...except me. For some reason I got it into my 10-year-old head that my parents wouldn't want me to watch it. I still haven't seen it to this day.
- •Mystery PartyFor my 17th birthday, I hosted one of those mystery parties, the ones where you buy a game and everyone plays different roles. It was pretty fun...though I had to buy a teen one cause the adult ones were too inappropriate.
- •Santa Monica PierMy parents took me to the Santa Monica Pier for one of my birthdays in the last decade. It was really fun.
- •Mystery Dinner TheaterFor my birthday last year, my parents gave me 4 tickets to a Mystery Dinner Theater. We didn't actually go till the following February cause we couldn't get tickets before then. My best friend went with us and it was really fun.
- •Dave & BustersMy last two birthdays, we went to Dave & Busters. What a fun place!