NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WEIGHT LOSS
Getting healthier is great. Pretending that dropping pounds is the holy grail to health and happiness is gross. P.S. The diet industry wants you to be miserable and "fat" forever. (Look it up)
- 1.Be more activeNothing wrong with re-committing to meditating, or running, or swimming, or even stretching. Move around when you can. Shake all the crap out.
- 2.Say "no" to things you don't want to do.I don't wanna further explain this! So.......¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- 3.Budget for more "experiences".Concerts, plays, travel, dinner out. Or for more "things"-treat yourself to a nice lipstick or a new wallet. Either way, budget for things that you will enjoy and stop feeling guilty for being nice to yourself.
- 4.Empty your closets and re-evaluate.If you haven't worn it in 6+ months, toss it. That crappy piece you bought from H&M that's always been at least half a size too small is always going to make you feel like shit. Donate it. Throw away those beaten-up dress shoes and invest in a new pair (see above).
- 5.Call your mom more often.Or your uncle. Or your grandma. Or your friend that lives in a city that's a little too far to be drivable but you're both too broke for flying.
- 6.Take time each week to reflect and re-organize.This could be every day or just for an hour on a Sunday afternoon. Google the power of ABC to-do lists and let them change your life.
- 7.Set (realistic) goalsIf you've never been a runner don't push yourself to train for and run a half-marathon in less than a year, then beat yourself up because your cousin Steve could do it! Maybe start running more. Or read more. Honestly think about what you want your career to look like in a year. Or start a new TV series.
- 8.Stop putting needless pressure on yourself.Your life is not always going to be perfectly Instagram-able or Snapchat story worthy. Ugly shit happens to all of us. Just know that it's okay. Seek support before you feel too desperate. Allow yourself to feel the full range of human emotions. Understand that this life is confusing and scary. And that's okay. Even if it doesn't feel that way right now.