I watch entirely too much TV. This is only sort of ranked, but 1-4 are exceptional.
- 1.The Americanssimply the best show on tv for 3 years running. great music, and better wigs.
- 2.Transparentabsolutely wonderful. the best depiction of a modern adult family since six feet under. the other best show on tv.
- 3.Mr. Robothighly stylized, non-procedural hacker thriller on usa (seriously). mostly technically accurate too.
- 4.You're the Worst@ayacash and kether donohue are fucking awesome.
- 5.The Leftoversseason 2 was extremely good, even if you didn't like season 1. damon lindelof always gets the benefit of the doubt from me.
- 6.Broad Cityhilarious. the best stoner comedy in a long, long time.
- 7.Rectifyexceptionally and intentionally slow. watching week-to-week would be brutal. and probably better.
- 8.Veepwatching julia louis-dreyfus and tony hale improvise together is a ton of fun.
- 9.Bob's Burgershighest joke-per-minute ratio on tv. it's the only show I can think of where every main character is my favorite.
- 10.Rick and Mortywho doesn't want dan harmon to make more stuff? it's a whip smart, light speed, dirty drunk animated back-to-the-futurama.
- 11.Peaky Blindersabsolutely brutal violence and extremely incomprehensible dialect. no, it's not the wire. also, great guest spot from tom hardy.
- 12.Casualbiggest surprise this year is a hulu original
- 13.Fargodon't know why i like it but i do. kinda loved it, actually.
- 14.The Affairthe differentiated male and female perspective is a great conceit that only works because the writing, acting, and directing are all terrific.