I watch entirely too much TV. This is only sort of ranked, but 1-4 are exceptional.
- •The Americanssimply the best show on tv for 3 years running. great music, and better wigs.
- •Transparentabsolutely wonderful. the best depiction of a modern adult family since six feet under. the other best show on tv.
- •Mr. Robothighly stylized, non-procedural hacker thriller on usa (seriously). mostly technically accurate too.
- •You're the Worst@ayacash and kether donohue are fucking awesome.
- •The Leftoversseason 2 was extremely good, even if you didn't like season 1. damon lindelof always gets the benefit of the doubt from me.
- •Broad Cityhilarious. the best stoner comedy in a long, long time.
- •Rectifyexceptionally and intentionally slow. watching week-to-week would be brutal. and probably better.
- •Veepwatching julia louis-dreyfus and tony hale improvise together is a ton of fun.
- •Bob's Burgershighest joke-per-minute ratio on tv. it's the only show I can think of where every main character is my favorite.
- •Rick and Mortywho doesn't want dan harmon to make more stuff? it's a whip smart, light speed, dirty drunk animated back-to-the-futurama.
- •Peaky Blindersabsolutely brutal violence and extremely incomprehensible dialect. no, it's not the wire. also, great guest spot from tom hardy.
- •Casualbiggest surprise this year is a hulu original
- •Fargodon't know why i like it but i do. kinda loved it, actually.
- •The Affairthe differentiated male and female perspective is a great conceit that only works because the writing, acting, and directing are all terrific.