5 Lines That Will Out You as a Snob on a First Date
These are real things that have been said on real dates in this humble city of D.C. via Solo-ish: http://wapo.st/1HT3YUi
- •“I’m really good at first dates.”Uttered by Solo-ish editor Lisa Bonos. Maybe show, don't tell?
- •“I want to be a Thought Leader.”Nothing says arrogance like a made-up job title that means: "I’m really smart. I’m going to make a career out of being trenchant and controversial on panel discussions, on television and in bestselling books I’ve yet to write."
- •“I’ve been to 98 countries.”Travel snobbery is classic D.C. The above comment was uttered on a date with a Solo-ish contributor, and it says: "I’m worldly and sophisticated. Don’t believe me? Check my passport — I just had extra pages added."
- •“Is it weird for you, living in D.C. and not having been to grad school?”Is it weird for you, having a mountain of student debt?
- •“I’ll get this — you’re poor.”No matter how obvious it is that there’s an income disparity between you and your date, there’s no need to point it out, especially if you’re the higher earner.