Best Things About the New Office
About a month ago, we moved from our old home at 1150 15th St. NW to a new building at One Franklin Square. It was a bittersweet move (so much #history made there) but we are settling into our new home and loving it!
- •#inspiration everywhere
- •And a bit of history.Eugene Meyer's seven principles for the conduct of a newspaper, rendered in vintage lithograph letters.
- •Nice white desks are infinitely more instagrammable than our old, gray desks.
- •WINDOWS. Our old office didn't have a ton of them. It's nice to be able to see the sun sometimes.
- •Fancy Keurig machines on every floor. I don't use them, but they're nice to have I guess.
- •The table in the Ben Bradlee conference room feels REAL nice on your hands.
- •THESE CHAIRS.
- •SERIOUSLY THESE ARE THE BEST.
- •ALSO THESE CHAIRS.
- •The penthouse. And the view. Holy cow.
- •"Wellness" rooms.AKA crying rooms AKA lactation rooms AKA where I record a lot of Snapchat stories.
- •These tables. We call them the "Genius bars."
- •We can get snacks without leaving the office now.They also have an amazing breakfast buffet that has FRENCH TOAST STICKS.
- •And this is just personal but the elevator banks make me feel really fancy.