Eli Saslow's Pulitzer Prize-winning Food Stamps Series
A series of stories by Washington Post staff writer Eli Saslow, looking at the U.S. food stamps program. Saslow won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory reporting for this series.
- •The food stamp economyA look at how food stamps drive the economy in a Rhode Island town. http://wpo.st/gGSi0
- •The recruiterA food stamp recruiter deals with wrenching choices. http://wpo.st/rGSi0
- •Summer lunchesA new way to help hungry children: A bus turned bread truck http://wpo.st/8HSi0
- •Hard workA Florida congressman pushing to overhaul the food stamp system toils to win over a divided Congress. http://wapo.st/1W9CURK
- •Waiting for the 8thThe months seem a bit longer for a D.C. woman and her family after recent cuts to the food stamps they rely on. http://wapo.st/1kAmq9F
- •Too much of too littleA diet fueled by food stamps is making South Texans obese but leaving them hungry. http://wapo.st/1PGVzW5