These Optical Illusions Stress Us Out.
Read more about this mental torture here: http://wapo.st/1PwPRpo
- •In this classic shadow illusion by Edward H. Adelson, A and B are the exact same shade of gray:
- •Here's a minimalist illustration by Wikipedia user Dodek. The gray bar across the center is actually one constant color:
- •In this image from BrainDen, the surface colors of A and B are the same. To test it out, just use your finger to cover the middle of the drawing, where the two squares meet.
- •In this illusion by Barton L. Anderson and Jonathan Winawer, the black and white chess pieces are the same color:
- •If you want a dog of a different color, just set it against a different background (via BrainDen):
- •Contrasting colors can even give you the illusion of motion, as in this trippy graphic by Paul Nasca: