Top Albums of 2015
In alphabetical order (I've probably left out a few)
- •Autre Ne Veut - Age of TransparencyR&B never sounded so panicked
- •Baio - The NamesUpper West Side Soweto with a tropical splash of 90s UK warehouse dub
- •Beach House - Depression Cherry/Thank Your Lucky StarsWhen music transcends genre and becomes a texture you dream about
- •Carly Rae Jepen- E•MO•TIONIt's difficult to gauge the genuineness of CRJ and Taylor Swift but I can't hear you over these ear worms
- •Emile Haynie - We FallHoled up in the Chateau Marmont, surrounded by flowers, dissecting a broken relationship
- •Father John Misty - I Love You, HoneybearSometimes being a facetious lounge lizard may result in the most realized self
- •Fred Thomas - All Are SavedStream of consciousness...torrential downpour of consciousness about spending weeks on the floor with your sick dog before having to put him down
- •Hop Along - Painted ShutShe traded her croon for a scream and turns specific into universal
- •Jessica Pratt - On Your Own AgainYou're smoking a cigarette and its 1976 San Francisco and everything is a pale shade of orange and olive green
- •Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle"I've kissed enough bathroom sinks to make up for the lovers that never loved me"
- •Joanna Newsom - DiversWhat if Lord of the Rings took place in Grand Central Park?
- •Majical Cloudz - Are You Alone?Are you?
- •Natalie Prass - Natalie PrassIf Joni Mitchell were a Disney Princess
- •Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & LowellHow to deal with the loss of a parent who was never really there
- •The Tallest Man on Earth - Dark Bird is HomeThe heaviest subjects can create the lightest hearts
- •Tame Impala - CurrentsI'm freaking out, man
- •Tobias Jesso Jr - GoonHarry Nilsson, Randy Newman, Brian Wilson, Fleetwood Mac, et al