GREAT THEMED PARTIES I THREW IN COLLEGE
@MirandaBerman I hope you can vouch for 1 or 2 of these
- •Woodstock Wednesday'sThat's right. Every Wednesday. We decorated the house, dressed as hippies, created a "smoking/hookah only tent" in the kitchen. And had a fresh new playlist every week that blasted the best of the sixties and seventies.
- •90sIt's been done before, but that's because it's very fun. This one was particularly great because almost everyone dressed up in flannel, overalls, great hats, kicks, etc. and someone brought twister------->
- •Queen Latifah partyI spent a great day watching "just wright" and just thought it was the best movie I had seen in a very long time. Afterwards I researched the movie and Queen Latifah's life story. And that's when I fell in love with Queen Latifah. The party was mostly a normal party with many printed out pictures of QL on the walls.
- •The Mother's Day partyMother's Day, spring 2011. We spread the word. Real well. We baked, all day. Special baking. Dressed in bathrobes and shower caps (I did this confidently, regardless that the boy I was in love with was coming, most likely sleeping over...for the first time)Every time someone came in, I gave them a brownie and took one myself. Mass charades was going to happen. At 11:30 I turned to my roommate and said "I need to take a nap, wake me in 30 mins, there is surround sound happening in my brain."
- •Mother day cont.,...woke up at 9am. All our furniture was on the lawn. Small pieces of paper with movie/book names littered the floor. THEY HAD ALL PLAYED. I was then told that the boy I loved had tried to wake me up, twice, and stayed until 3am.