From middle school through ~one month ago, I would get terrible terrible headaches about once a week. Here's how I got rid of them.
- •First, some background: I don't think they were migraines??I did have extreme sensitivity to light and sound (esp. light), I would feel very nauseous, but I only spoke to a doctor once about them. She prescribed me some migraine medication which worked absolutely 0%. So I just qualify them as headaches, I guess. If that makes sense?
- •The ultimate cure: Daith PiercingMost doctors will tell you that this won't help. Most piercers will tell you that it's basically a 50/50 shot. I am here to tell you that when I got my left daith pierced in December, I got maybe two or three headaches between December and March (compared to a normal 10-15). When I got my right daith pierced in March, I got one terrible terrible headache the next day, and not a single one since then. Not even a tiny one.
- •Excedrin MigraineThe only medication that has ever worked for me. It's not 100% foolproof, but I'd say maybe 85%.
- •Diet CokeTo wash down the two excedrin.
- •One full glass of water, chuggedTo wash down the Diet Coke. These three things take down any possible causes of a headache for me: dehydration, caffeine withdrawal, whatever it is that excedrin fixes.
- •THOSE ABOVE THREE THINGS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT AND SHOULD ALWAYS BE DONE TOGETHER TO GET RID OF THE PAIN ALTOGETHER.Below are some other things that help ease the pain.
- •This eye maskPressure on my eyes always helped. From Bed Bath & Beyond.
- •Feet in hot water, frozen peas on the back of the neckI read about this one on like buzzfeed or something. It does something with blood circulation that makes you feel better
- •Heating pad on the back of the neck, cold paper towel on the foreheadMy own innovation!
- •FootrubsCan be done on yourself, but most effective when done by someone else. Go to a reflexology place and tell them you get chronic headaches. They'll focus on your feet more.
- •Head scratcherVery nice, even without a headache. Wort the $5 at Bed Bath and Beyond or wherever.
- •Here are things to not do at all:
- •Look at your phoneGet off your phone!!! Go take care of yourself!!!
- •Watch TVAll screens are bad!!!
- •Read a bookStop using your eyes!!!
- •Really, anything.Just go to bed.