THINGS I'VE NOTICED AFTER ONE MONTH OFF BIRTH CONTROL
My new insurance doesn't cover birth control so I stopped paying for it. I am 21 years old and I have been on the pill since I was 15.
- •More acneLots of breakouts on my forehead
- •I can lose weight!I haven't been able to do that in 6 years.
- •I sleep betterNot sure if this is related, but I've been sleeping through the night and that's wonderful.
- •Smaller boobs 😔
- •Not insanely depressed all the timeStill mildly depressed all the time, but I don't feel like I'm experiencing sudden bursts of miserable loneliness and sadness.
- •More self-lovingIn that I'm not constantly angry at myself for forgetting to take my pill the night before. It's not a huge thing, but it's a little less anger in my body every few days.
- •I'm more of an angry feministBirth 👏🏼 control 👏🏼 should 👏🏼 be 👏🏼 free 👏🏼 and 👏🏼 easily 👏🏼 accessible 👏🏼 for 👏🏼 all 👏🏼 women 👏🏼 everywhere 👏🏼. And I'm freakin mad that it isn't.
- •Honestly? I'm into it. If I get a new insurance that does cover the pill, I probably won't take it still. I feel healthier without it.I was always a huge proponent of birth control and I never understood when any of my friends weren't on it, but now I fully get it. There are a million drawbacks for one or two benefits. I'm still tryna find an insurance provider who will give me an IUD for free tho.