THINGS THE KIDS AT WORK ASK ME EVERY DAY
I work as a recess and after school monitor at a Chicago public elementary school
- •Miss Emma, can I get a snack from my backpack?Every single day this kid asks. Even if I start nodding my head before he asks the question.
- •Miss Emma, how did you get your hair to be like that? /OR/ Miss Emma, did you have to color your hair to make it pink like that?
- •Miss Emma, is it indoor or outdoor recess today?And no matter what I answer, there will always be a kid who puts on his coat for indoor recess or a kid who tries to go to outdoor recess without a coat.
- •Miss Emma, is there a vegetarian lunch?
- •Miss Emma, what's your last name?
- •Miss Emma, can we go to the bathroom?Why must they always go in pairs? It never ends well.
- •Miss Emma, are you married?No.
- •Miss Emma, do you have any kids?
- •Miss, um, what's your name?
- •Miss Emma, is Mr. Ian coming today?Mr. Ian is my coworker that all the girls are crushing on
- •Miss Emma, do you know my name?
- •Miss Emma, can we play tag?
- •Miss Emma, will you tell _________ to stop showing me their food?