Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Packing list for Thanksgiving trip to east coastNeed an outfit that says I'm more successful and happy than you, despite the dishes and laundry that I neglected to do and the raise I didn't get. And won't wrinkle. May need a trip to the Loft.
- •The dog is eating his dog bed during the day. What does this mean?Is there meaning to be found there?
- •My husband told me I need to exercise more this morning.A fact I'm well aware of but was he calling me fat or just concerned with my well-being? Is there more meaning to be found there?
I generally leave the grocery store even more jaded about the world and the people in it.
- •They don't bring reusable bags to the grocery store.I see them walking out with their cart full of plastic bags like it's OK. And since when do those plastic bags have a capacity of two items?!
- •They buy soda. Usually a lot.I think there's been enough studies to tell you this is not a good idea. And I notice the soda is next to "low-fat" or "sugar-free" foods. Explain to me how that works.
- •They don't assist in bagging their food.You'd think this requires a large amount of skill by how hard they're avoiding eye contact.
- •They don't return their carts.It's just common courtesy to clean up after yourself, instead of abandoning the cart in the next empty parking spot.
In my 20s, this was a benchmark list of things I needed to do to feel like an adult.
- •Drink coffeeUsually at nice cafes and with friends.
- •Own matching bra and panties sets.In varying amounts of lace, depending on the rating of the movie.
- •Wear matching pajama sets.Never an stained shirt from a previous job's marketing event and flannel pants from Target.
In somewhat chronological order.
- 1.I still can't find the part of my Magic Bullet that blends things.No nutritious smoothie for breakfast. Ate kids' cereal.
- 2.My dog pooped in my daughter's bedroomAnd I didn't find it until I was sprinting out to drop kid at bus stop.
- 3.I sprayed blouse with water while filling the dishwasher.I was dressed for work. Did I change? Nope.
So says the book nerd in me.
- •A good book.
- •A warm place to curl up and read my book.
- •Not being interrupted while reading that book.
- •Our rescue dog BennyI'm not a dog person, so we're learning to live together.
- •Toys arrangementI'm nonstop amused by the way my girls play with and set up their toys. These stuffed animals are protecting a "newborn" bunny toy.
- •View outside my office windowI often take pics outside my window -- usually while I'm on long conference call.
- 1.Ace Ventura Pet Detective
- 3.The Replacements