PROGRESSION OF CONVERSATION WITH MY MOM RE: EARTHQUAKE PREPAREDNESS
She hurt her back and can't visit me in L.A. in the near future.
- •Mom: I was wondering, do you keep a stockpile of bottled water around?
- •Me: Is this about the news thing on Facebook that we're doomed for an earthquake?
- •Mom: Well, Daddy said not to bother you, but I want to make sure. So, do you? Have water?
- •Me: I have a filter pitcher.
- •Mom: Yeah, but I mean if the pipes break apart. Do you have water then?
- •Me: No. I guess not.
- •Mom: Can you get water?
- •Me: Yes.
- •Mom: I think that's a good idea.