RATIONALIZATIONS FOR NOT BUYING IN BED STUY
We fell for the allure of a new neighborhood with picturesque blocks and history. It took us about a year to realize we didn't want to live here long term.
- •It's too far from everythingAll my friends and the places I want to be are far from Bed Stuy.
- •The money we save by living here just gets spent on cab fareThe days of this neighborhood being cheap are kind of over
- •It felt weird to be a gentrifier here.There's a difference between gentrifying a neighborhood that had nothing but factories vs gentrifying a neighborhood that had an existing population. This felt like the latter.
- •I felt like an expatI'm not part of the predominant culture, and that's not going to change.
- •I hate the A TrainThe A train runs infrequently and has the lions share of subway preachers.