Top Grossing Blockbuster Movie Franchises I Haven't Seen Explained
Some on principle, some on fear, some on disinterest. There's a lot of Spielberg here.
- •E.T. The ExtraterrestrialWhen this came out my parents took my brother to see it while I stayed with my grandparents. I was terrified of this alien. Hey, I think I was 5 or something. To this day, he still creeps me out. I also refuse to see it because it's just kind of a badge of honor at this point. I've gone this long and don't have regrets. NO Regrets. He seriously scares the shit out of me. And I ♥️ horror movies. If you want to frighten me, show me that pleather E.T. doll they sold in the 80s.
- •The Indiana Jones franchiseOkay, I finally saw "The Last Crusade" a few years ago but I shied away from "Temple of Doom" and "Raiders of the Lost Ark" because of reports of melting faces, eating monkey brains, hearts being ripped from chests, etc. Legit reasons when you're a little kid.
- •Jurassic Park franchiseYeah, really just didn't care about dinosaurs when these came out. Still not interested. Sorry, "Jurassic World."
- •Harry Potter seriesOkay, this is a tough one to explain. I used to have a hard time dealing with flicks that put tiny children in peril. Just freaked me out. "Jumanji," "Bridge to Terabithia," "Chronicles of Nardia." Ugh! Too much. Just keep adult people in danger and we are cool.
- •Pirates of the Caribbean franchiseHmmm. Not much to say about this one. Just not a Bruckheimer fan. Also, they all kind of seemed the same to me. Maybe I'll get around to watching them.
- •Twilight sagaTruth-I saw the first one in the theater with a group of friends who read some of the YA books and loved this series. I had not read it so decided to go and laughed my way through the entire movie and got boo'd constantly by teenagers. So, I did not follow through with the rest of it.
- •Fast and the Furious seriesCar chases? Same reason I didn't care for "Mad Max: Fury Road." Yep, I said it.