CONFUSIONS OF A NEW YORKER DEALING WITH SAN FRANCISCO MASS TRANSIT
i have lived here 16 months and I still am like I DON'T GET IT
- 1.THEY WAIT IN LINE FOR BARTGuess what NERDS, I just get on in front of the line when the doors open. THIS IS NOT A REAL RULE
- 2.NO REAL METROCARD EQUIVbart cards only work on bart. you can get a muni pass just for muni. clipper cards work on everything but you have to order them online or buy them in walgreens you CANT buy them IN THE BART/MUNI STATIONS. what the fuck is wrong with these people.
- 3.BART FARES DIFFER BY STATIONwhat the shit is this. when i lived in Berkeley my stop was FOUR FUCKING 25 each way but some stops in the city are like 2 bucks. what fucking facacta bullshit
- 4.THE SEATS ARE FABRICUM HI BEDBUGS ANYONE? HOW ABOUT BLOOD BARF SEMEN SPIT SWEAT GARBAGE HOLY FUCKING MACARONI WHY
- 5.SOME PEOPLE SIT ON THE FLOORFUCKING HIPPIES. that is DISGUSTING. ITS THE SUBWAY! related: i regularly see men spit onto the CARPETED FLOOR.
- 6.GOTTA USE YOUR CARD TO ENTER AND TO LEAVEthis was a concept invented by people who never thought anyone had to go anywhere QUICKLY.
- 7.CAN I GET A NYT OR SOME STARBURST?!there are no stops with little newsstands in the station or on the platform. THIS WOULD WORK!!!!!
- 8.NO ONE MOVES INTO THE CARat a busy time 20 assholes stand at the door and the aisles in the car are open and free
- 9.NONE OF THIS SHIT RUNS ALL NIGHTstill a mindblower. at least we are past this era: before uber/lyft, if you stayed in the city later than like 2 AM and had to get home to Oakland, you options were a SEVENTY DOLLAR CAB or to sleep at yr friend's house. 70 dollars to go 14 miles. ew!
- 10.TROLLEY CARSi am terrifed to get on one bc I have no idea how to pay for it (see #2)