THE TALE OF PAT THE PAINTER
In which my mother needs to find the man who painted a room for her 6 years ago to have him paint a bathroom, the foyer, and "one part of the lanai"
- 1.Pat the painter came into my parents' lives years ago when he was eating at a place called Chix R Us in full painter regalia. "Are you a painter?" asked my mom's friend. He was.
- 2.Pat was was universally loved by my parents and her friends and was hired for many jobs
- 3.Recently Pat's services were needed but alas, both his Home and Phone numbers were out of date
- 4.No one had new numbers for Pat or could remember his last name
- 5.My mom called the large apartment complex where she thought he also worked, but just asking for "Pat" was too vague for them
- 6.Dinner with other friends, who also had used Pat's services in the past, yielded a clue: HIS LAST NAME! CAMPBELL.
- 7.Called the apt complex again, armed with a full name. Still no info on Pat.
- 8.Yet another friend said, "Why don't you use The Google? That's how you find everyone these days!"
- 9.Great idea. She Googled Pat on "the big computer" (read: desktop, not an ipad)
- 10.Results: 4 Pat Campbells in the area
- 11.Only one was listed with an age range (?) that was plausible. But there was only an address, no number.
- 12.So my mom wrote him a letter.
- 13.A LETTER.
- 14."If this is Pat the Painter who remembers John and Susan in West Palm Beach, please give me a call" (she hastened to add: no return address, OF COURSE!)
- 15.Pat called!
- 16.Pat Campbell neé The Painter came to the house, walked thru what needed to be done, and delivered an estimate
- 17.My dad scoffed at the price and just did all the painting himself.
- 18.THE END