THE TALE OF PAT THE PAINTER
In which my mother needs to find the man who painted a room for her 6 years ago to have him paint a bathroom, the foyer, and "one part of the lanai"
- •Pat the painter came into my parents' lives years ago when he was eating at a place called Chix R Us in full painter regalia. "Are you a painter?" asked my mom's friend. He was.
- •Pat was was universally loved by my parents and her friends and was hired for many jobs
- •Recently Pat's services were needed but alas, both his Home and Phone numbers were out of date
- •No one had new numbers for Pat or could remember his last name
- •My mom called the large apartment complex where she thought he also worked, but just asking for "Pat" was too vague for them
- •Dinner with other friends, who also had used Pat's services in the past, yielded a clue: HIS LAST NAME! CAMPBELL.
- •Called the apt complex again, armed with a full name. Still no info on Pat.
- •Yet another friend said, "Why don't you use The Google? That's how you find everyone these days!"
- •Great idea. She Googled Pat on "the big computer" (read: desktop, not an ipad)
- •Results: 4 Pat Campbells in the area
- •Only one was listed with an age range (?) that was plausible. But there was only an address, no number.
- •So my mom wrote him a letter.
- •A LETTER.
- •"If this is Pat the Painter who remembers John and Susan in West Palm Beach, please give me a call" (she hastened to add: no return address, OF COURSE!)
- •Pat called!
- •Pat Campbell neé The Painter came to the house, walked thru what needed to be done, and delivered an estimate
- •My dad scoffed at the price and just did all the painting himself.
- •THE END