WHAT NEEDS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED BEFORE MY FAMILY ARRIVES THIS WEEK
my mom and dad get here on wednesday and @tinabell gets here friday. in true CHEZ OLSON fashion we have pushed eleventy million things into 3 days.
- •grocery shoppingthe cupboards are bare. and even though I can french press you a delicious Blue Bottle coffee that i grind myself, my parents prefer folgers from a keurig. @tinabell just fyi no almond milk allowed here IT IS A NUT NONGRATA IN CALIFORNIA
- •get our bedroom paintedwe are insane, obviously. but i hate the color of our bedroom (was previously painted before we moved in. a sage green. nice for some, soul-crushing for me). on a whim i booked a task rabbit to come tomorrow to paint 3 walls a slightly warm white and the wall behind our bed a deep inky blueblack.
- •get the cleaning service over hereweds AM. 2 ladies take about 3 hours and do everything i hate e.g. scrub the bathroom and clean the fridge shelves. this has to be REALLY WELL DONE because my mom has AN EAGLE EYE
- •unpack and straighten up all clothesit usually takes me 3 weeks minimum to unpack a suitcase. and i have had clean laundry sitting around for a week. there's nothing worse than PUTTING THINGS AWAY
- •take oscar for his checkupshots and general health. also needs more flea meds and various healthy dog things. also happenijg tomorrow. hope that room gets painted quick
- •pretty up dat decki repotted about 6 plants into pots i made, threw out 2 dead ones and tried to figure out the best configuration out there. its stilll not right. its annoying me
- •buy new duvet cover and a quilt mabesthe old ones are old. i need a blanket for my sis sleeping on the couch too. i guess this happens tomorrow as well, tomorrow is looking cray
- •admire my impeccably organized pantrybecause my mom will notice. and i organized it weeks ago so ITS NOT ON MY TO-DO LIST! it just looks great is all
- •ditch the orange table in the guest room and somehow make the ramshackle bookshelf seem nicei commissioned a piece for this room (a local carpenter in Oakland who also made our record cabinet) but she won't have it done for like 5 weeks. But I fucking hate that orange table and i want it to be niiiiiice in there for my parents!
- •buy flowers!for the love of god!!
- •do all of this while we both work fulltimeFUN! LIFE! MODERN TIMES!