Jobs I Have Had, Ranked
I'm only 23, but I've been working full time since I was 16. Here's my jobs, ranked by how fulfilling they were.
- •1. Camp Agape - counselorGet paid to hang out with your friends for the summer, go on cool trips, good around, and have a bunch of kids follow you around? Cool stuff. I ate a cicada on a dare at camp.
- •2. Wauconda Pharmacy - C Ph TMy tenure at Wauconda Pharmacy didn't end the way I'd hoped, but three years of listening to whatever I wanted to in the lab, learn about pharmaceuticals, and eat out in downtown Wauconda every day was a good time. Follow @shitterrybsays on Twitter for some funny things my boss said back in the day.
- •3. My dad's trading company - general errand boy/stock analystThis is where I learned my two greatest skills: how to master excel and how to master breakfast. Worked out of a condo with my dad, uncle, and two cool guys I've known since I was a child.
- •4. Aon - domain specialistMy current job. Making the best money I've made in my life and like my boss and the work we do. Pretty standard office job.
- •5. Aon - benefits advisorMy entry level job in the Aon family. Talking to retirees on the phone about their insurance all day could be rewarding, but was generally stressful.
- •6. Franks Karma Cafe - associateWorked at the cafe that makes the BEST food I've ever had, but was run ragged due to high expectations from my bosses and low pay. Bonus: I got my brother a job there even though they didn't like him in his interview (he's shy) and he's still there three years later!
- •7. Panera Bread - associateKind of like Franks but the food wasn't as good. Started working here 2 days after I turned 16.