HOW TO SHAKE THE PATRIARCHY BLUES
I had a rough last week of a mini-slip into depression + letting the patriarchy bring me down. This is what helped me brighten back to my unbelievably delightful self! 💁🏻💁🏻
- •Bingeing the 2nd season of Jane the Virgin and watching Latina women kick ass.The acting is so good. The writing is good. Very inspiring to get back to creating things!
- •Painting and assembling my new desk and work corner myself 💪🏼💪🏼And already covered with a bunch of work
- •Watching strong women on Colbert like Hillary Clinton, Whoopi, Oprah, Shonda Rhimes, Jane Fonda and Senators Claire McCaskill and Amy Klobucher and swooning over his ability to be such an awesome ally.
- •Reading lists from such smart, funny, strong, vulnerable women on here.
- •Forcing myself to do at least a few reps with my kettle bell every night 💪🏼💪🏼
- •Taking a shower and straightening my hair because it makes me feel pretty and that's okay.
- •Remembering that my little sister is kicking ass in a male-dominated sector of business.
- •Reminding myself that I'm a strong, funny, creative, caring, ambitious, warm, complicated person with so much to offer and that transitioning to a new city is hard but I will get there! (Also heyo if anyone in LA is hiring smart, tech savvy, creative peeps ✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼✋🏼.)
- •And knowing that I can't do everything on my own, but that doesn't mean I need a man to complete me.