IF YOU REALLY NEEDED FURTHER PROOF THAT PEOPLE MAKE 2 SECOND JUDGEMENTS
Quick, look at my face! An experiment in dating profile pictures
- •I had this guy up for a bit as my main picture. (Without the galaxy sides obvssssss)Which I'm sure looks familiar.
- •She wears noticeable makeup and is comfortable with her sexuality and takes selfies. HARD PASS.This did not do well. Matches plummeted. I originally took this picture to show my best friend my new lipstick. I think it's cute. Eh. Whatchagonnado.
- •Then against my better judgement, (and let's be fair, for experiments sake) I used my headshot.ROOKIE MOVE I know. But I was currrrious and I like my smile. Did about as well as I though it would in Los Angeles.
- •Then I went back to old standbyCute, sporty, low-maintenance, not a selfie, oh look she likes trees.
- •Boom 7 matches in 20 minutes
- •This one also does well despite, like, not being able to see my face. All about the arms 💪🏼💪🏼
- •All with a profile that includes, "if you consider 'feminist' a dirty word, we probably won't work out."
- •Boys are weird.