6 WAYS TO BE THANKFUL IN THE MOMENT 🙏
For the full article: www.wikihow.com/Be-Thankful
- •Take a break.Sometimes a good way to get you back on track and feeling better is to take a break.
- •Tell someone you appreciate them.So often life gets busy and you forget to tell people that they matter, that you've noticed what they do and it means a lot to you.
- •Give back.Being thankful isn't just about telling people you are thankful, it's also about giving back to your community and to your friends. Do something for the people in your life who have helped you. Do something for people you don't know. Sometimes people do things for you that you can't easily repay (in the sense that you want to thank them and show how much it meant to you). Of course you should thank them, tell them how important their action or gift was. But you can also pay the kindness forward.
- •Focus on intention.When someone does something nice for you focus on how someone tried to bring something good into your life. Someone gave up their precious time, or money, etc. to do something for you.
- •Just say thank you.Speaking the words aloud can help cement the feeling of gratitude in your life. Not only that, but it helps others to know that you are thankful for the things that they have done for you. Thank the people you see throughout the day! Remember, that it is impossible to be in a state of fear and appreciation. By cultivating gratitude (speaking it aloud) you can do things like ease anger, anxiety (even chronic anxiety), depression, and other health problems.
- •Find the thankfulness in specific events.Sometimes it can be really hard to be thankful in your life. These are the times, however, when it is even more important to cultivate gratitude, because that will help you get through the hard times better than getting angry or upset will. There is always something to be thankful for, even if it's a very small thing (the sun is shining).