DO'S AND DON'TS OF DRY SHAMPOO ✨
Dry shampoo gives hair the appearance of being clean, since it absorbs the oil that can make hair look dirty. For a homemade recipe, go to the end of the full article: www.wiki.how/Use-Dry-Shampoo 💕
- •Get your hair ready. 🙆Remove hair bands, hair pins, and clips. Comb it to make sure there are no tangles.
- •Apply the dry shampoo.Sprinkle the powder you chose over the top of your head, especially in the areas that tend to get oily, like your bangs and part. Use your fingers to distribute it. If you use a spray bottle of dry shampoo, hold it 6 inches (15.2 cm) from your head and spray. Hold it far enough away so that the shampoo settles evenly over your head. Focus mostly on the roots, but if the rest of your hair needs freshening up, add a little more to the tips. This might get messy, so do it over the sink or be ready.
- •Let it settle in. ✋Wait 5 to 10 minutes for the dry shampoo to absorb the oil from your hair. If you have particularly oily hair, it may take a little longer.
- •Comb the excess shampoo out of your hair.Turn your head upside down and brush out all of the powder. You can use a hair dryer to help the process along.
- •Know when to use dry shampoo. 🏃✈🚿Use dry shampoo after a trip to the gym. Use dry shampoo after a long airplane flight or a travel day. It's convenient to carry a small bottle for times when you don't have access to a shower. Don't use dry shampoo more than a few times in a row before washing your hair with regular shampoo and water. Since dry shampoo doesn't clean skin flakes and other debris from your hair, it's necessary to use water regularly.
- •Use dry shampoo on dry hair. ✖💦✖If you try to put powder on wet hair, it will get clumpy and look a mess. Don't use dry shampoo until your hair is totally dry. It works on grease, but not water.
- •Don't rub dry shampoo into your scalp. ✖💆✖Dry shampoo can accumulate on your scalp and make it itch. If you're using spray-on shampoo, hold it several inches away from your head so you don't spray it directly on your scalp. Sprinkle powder dry shampoo over your head from a height of several inches.
- •Add a few drops of essential oil. 🍋🍃🌿🌹If you want your hair to smell fresh and clean try smoothing a few drops of essential oil into the middle and tips of your hair after you've given yourself a dry shampoo treatment. Lemon and other citrus oils work well. Make sure you concentrate them at the ends, so the roots of your hair don't look oily again. Or try eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil or rose oil. Don't mix essential oils with your dry shampoo. The powder needs to absorb the oil in your hair, not the essential oils.
- •Frizzy hair is also manageable!If your hair gets frizzy, be prepared with a few drops of oil (jojoba, Vitamin E, even vegetable) to tame it down after using dry shampoo.