How to Build Trust 🤝
Adapted from the article: How to Build Trust https://www.wikihow.com/Build-Trust
- •A person trusts another when they feel that they can be vulnerable and everything will be alright. You can build trust in your relationships if you are prepared to make the effort. Building trust requires making a commitment to trustworthy behavior.
- •Do what you say.
- •Honor your promises.
- •Be consistent.
- •Tell the truth as much as you can.
- •If you do lie, admit to it.
- •Speak from the heart.
- •Express your feelings.
- •Volunteer information.
- •Don’t omit important details.
- •If you do have things that you are not yet willing to share, say so.
- •Keep secrets told to you.
- •Display loyalty.
- •Keep your feelings under control.
- •Avoid abusive behavior.
- •Use assertive communication.
- •Commit to altering your behavior when appropriate.