HOW TO DEAL WITH A HIPPO ENCOUNTER 🏃
For the full article//www.wikihow.com/Deal-With-a-Hippo-Encounter
- 1.In Africa, Hippos have claimed thousands of lives, even more than lions.They seem like peaceful lumbering beasts, grazing peacefully on grass or just floating in water. But hippos in reality have very sharp teeth and run surprisingly fast, up to speeds of 25 mph (40 km/h)!
- 2.Hippos are vegetarians and don't want to eat people.They charge if they are feeling scared, or are trying to protect their young.
- 3.On land, don't get in between Hippos and the water.They like to feel that they can reach it at all times.
- 4.In a boat, be careful not to poke a Hippo with your oar.The Hippo could upturn the boat and it's passengers, or maybe even bite it in two.
- 5.Avoid Hippos at night, when they are most alert.Hippos quite often like to eat meat in the night.
- 6.There is no way you can fight a Hippo, so if you are chased by a charging hippo start running!Hippos can run fast, but they soon get tired and so you may have a chance to get away.
- 7.If you can, try to get into a building or a car.
- 8.Run among trees and rocks as they can slow the Hippo down.
- 9.If the Hippo is closing in, then you can gain some extra time by changing directions before it gets to you.