HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE IN AN APPLE 🍎
Serves 4. You will need: 4 medium sized apples, 4 tablespoons white sugar, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, lemon juice, and chilled pie dough rolled out about 1⁄8 inch (0.3 cm) thick. For the full article: www.wikihow.com/Make-Apple-Pie-in-an-Apple
- •Preheat the oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
- •Wash the apples well under cold water.Pat dry with paper towels. Set on a cutting board.
- •Cut a lid into each apple and remove the tops.With a small sharp knife, carve out the core and seeds (without piercing the bottoms of the apples).
- •With a small sharp knife, carve out the core and seeds (without piercing the bottoms of the apples).Save the pulp in a small bowl for the filling. Rub a tiny bit of lemon juice on the insides of each apple to prevent them from turning brown.
- •Dice and peel the lids very finely.Toss out the stems. Put the peeled and diced lid bits into the pulp bowl.
- •Mix the sugar, flour and ground cinnamon into the apple pulp until well blended.
- •Spoon the filling back into each apple.Fill about 3/4 of the way to prevent spillage of filling while baking.
- •Using a cookie cutter (or knife), cut out apple lid sized circles in the dough, 1 per apple.You can also cut out shapes like leaves, flowers, stars or animals and layer each piece onto the apple to form a crust.
- •Gently lay the crust circles over the apple tops and pinch the edges together much like you would a regular pie to seal the edges.Poke four little holes in the top to allow steam to come through.
- •Bake on a baking sheet for 30-40 minutes or until slightly tender and crust is golden brown.
- •Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- •Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar or cinnamon on the tops.