HOW TO READ PALMS (BASIC) ✋
Palm reading, otherwise known as palmistry or chiromancy, is practiced all over the world. It has its roots in Indian astrology and Roma fortune-telling.
- •Choose a hand. In palmistry, it is thought that:For females - right hand is what you're born with, left is what you've accumulated throughout your life. For males, it's the other way around. You can also choose whichever hand is dominant to be your present/past life hand (the non-dominant would be your future life hand). There are different schools of thought. Some say the left shows potential and what could be - not necessarily what will be. A difference in the hands could mean one is/about to take action in their lives, changing it.
- •Identify the four major lines. There may be breaks in them or they may be short, but at least three of them are there.(1) The heart line. (2) The head line. (3) The life line. (4) The fate line (only some people have this).
- •Interpret the heart line. This line can be read in either direction (from the pinkie finger to the index finger or vice versa) depending on the tradition being followed. It's believed to indicate emotional stability, romantic perspectives, depression, and cardiac health. The basic interpretations are as follows:Begins below index- content with love life. Begins below middle finger- selfish when it comes to love. Begins in middle- falls in love easily. Straight & short- less interest in romance. Touches life line- heart broken easily. Long & curvy- freely expresses feelings. Straight & parallel to head line- good handle on emotions. Wavy- many relationships, absence of serious relationships. Circle on line- sadness or depression. Broken line or Smaller lines crossing heart line- emotional trauma.
- •Examine the head line. This represents a person's learning style, communication approach, intellectualism, and thirst for knowledge. A curved line is associated with creativity and spontaneity, while a straight line is linked with practicality and a structured approach. The basic interpretations are as follows:Short line- prefers physical achievements over mental ones. Curved, sloping line- creativity. Separated from life line- adventure, enthusiasm for life. Wavy line- short attention span. Deep, long line- thinking is clear and focused. Straight line- thinks realistically. Donuts or cross in head lin - emotional crisis. Broken head line- inconsistencies in thought. Multiple crosses through head line- momentous decisions.
- •Evaluate the life line. This begins near the thumb and travels in an arc towards the wrist. It reflects physical health, general well being, and major life changes (for example, cataclysmic events, physical injuries, and recolation). Its length is not associated with length of life. The basic interpretations are as follows:Runs close to thumb- often tired. Curvy- plenty of energy. Long, deep- vitality. Short & shallow- manipulated by others. Swoops around in a semicircle- strength and enthusiasm. Straight & close to the edge of the palm- cautious when it comes to relationships. Multiple life lines- extra vitality. Circle in line indicates- hospitalized or injured. Break- sudden change in lifestyle.
- •Study the fate line. This is also known as the line of destiny, and it indicates the degree to which a person's life is affected by external circumstances beyond their control. It begins at the base of the palm. The basic interpretations are as follows:Deep line- strongly controlled by fate. Breaks & changes of direction- prone to many changes in life from external forces. Starts joined to life line- self-made individual; develops aspirations early on. Joins with the life line around in the middle- signifies a point at which one's interests must be surrendered to those of others. Starts at base of thumb and crosses life line- support offered by family and friends.
- •Determine the hand shape. Each hand shape is associated with certain character traits. The length of the palm is measured from the wrist to the bottom of the fingers. The basic interpretations are as follows:
- •Earth - broad, square palms and fingers, thick or coarse skin, and ruddy color; length of the palm equals length of fingers.Solid values and energy, sometimes stubborn. Practical and responsible, sometimes materialistic. Work with their hands, comfortable with the tangible.
- •Air - square or rectangular palms with long fingers and sometimes protruding knuckles, low-set thumbs, and dry skin; length of the palm less than length of fingers.Sociable, talkative and witty. Can be shallow, spiteful and cold. Comfortable with the mental and the intangible. Does things in different and radical ways.
- •Water - long, sometimes oval-shaped palm, with long, flexible, conical fingers; length of the palm equals length of fingers but is less than width across the widest part of the palm.Creative, perceptive and sympathetic. Can be moody, emotional and inhibited. Introverts. Do things quietly and intuitively.
- •Fire - square or rectangular palm, flushed or pink skin, and shorter fingers; length of the palm is greater than length of fingers.Spontaneous, enthusiastic and optimistic. Sometimes egoistic, impulsive and insensitive. Extroverts. Do things boldly and instinctively.
- •Look at the mounts. That's what the fleshy bit below your fingers are called, on the opposite side of your knuckle. To make them visible, cup your hand just a bit. Which one is the largest? However your hands are known to change throughout time!High Venus mount- predisposition for hedonism, promiscuity, need for instant gratification. Low- little interest in family matters. High Jupiter mount- dominant, possibly self-centered, aggressive. Low- lack confidence. High Saturn mount- stubborn, cynical, prone to depression. Low- superficially, disorganization. High Sun mount- quick-tempered, extravagant, prideful. Low - lack imagination. High Mercury mount- talk too much. Low- shy.
- •Examine the hand and finger size. Relative to the size of the body (proportional), some say that small hands are active and don't dwell on thinking about what to do. Large hands are on those who are contemplative and slow to action.Long fingers may be an indicator of anxiety, in addition to being well-mannered, good looking, and delicate. Short fingers are found on those who are impatient, highly-sexed, and creative. Long fingernails, on the other hand, mean you're kind and a good secret-keeper. Short fingernails mean you're critical and sarcastic. If they're almond-shaped, you're sweet and diplomatic.
- •For the full article with images: www.wikihow.com/Read-Palms