SONGS PERPETUALLY PLAYING IN MY HEAD
Wondering what I'm thinking? Probably just singing one of these on repeat. Wondering why I'm on my phone? Probably just googling the ACTUAL lyrics.
- •These aren't even the songs I listen to most (or often) (or ever) but I can't escape them.
- •L.O.V.E. by Ashlee SimpsonAll my girls stand in a circle and clap your hands this is for you/Ups and downs highs and lows no matter what you see me through/My boyfriend he don't answer on the telephone/I don't even know where the hell he goes...L O, L O, L O, L O V E, L O, L O, L O, did you hear me say?! L O, L O, L O I'm talking bout LOVE LOVE
- •Gotta Have It by Kayne West and Jay ZWhat you need what what you need I got what you need what what you need...Hello hello hello hello White America assassinate my character...Ima need a day off I think I call Ferris up Bueller had a Mueller but I switched it for a Miele...Sorry in my pajamas but I just got off the PJ...whats up whats up whats up whats up motherfucker where my money at gon make me come down to your house where ya mommy at...I remain Chi-town BROOKLYN TIL I DIE
- •The Last Time I Saw Richard by Joni MitchellThe last time I saw Richard was Detroit in '68 and he told me all romantics meet the same fate someday cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe you laugh he said you think you're immune go look at your eyes they're full of moon you like roses and kisses and pretty men to tell you all those pretty lies pretty lies when you gon realize they're only pretty lies...I'm gon blow this damn candle out I don't want nobody coming over to my table got nothing to talk to anybody about...
- •I'm So Tired by The BeatlesThis one usually starts by me being super tired and just repeating "I'm so tired" as a mantra and then evolves into the song, full of deep self-pity
- •A Shot In The Arm by WilcoThe ashtray says/You were up all night/When you went to bed/With your darkest mind/Your pillow wept/And covered your eyes/And you finally slept/When the sun caught fire... You've changed OH You've changed... Something in my veins bloodier than blood/Something in my veins bloodier than blood...
- •You Changed by Kelly Rowland feat. Beyoncé and Michelle (but NOT a Destiny's Child song...?!)Ladies y'all wanna do it again huuuh huuh huuh huh uueeehuuh B woouhewooaah go on Michelle dadandaneeaauh I really hate to see that look/hUH/On your face/You looking like someone came and rain on your parade...But when my tears dropped/Where the hell were you/It's okay boy I've changed and I ain't been here waiting...You changed I changed but it's too late/Now I'm so through too cool oh yeah/And if our love was a game you just lost...But it's okay boy I'm straight my whole life's amazing...Sorry
- •Ain't Too Proud To Beg by The Rolling StonesThis one is really just driven by Mick (as is everything in my life) so it just turns into any subsequent thoughts slurring together in his voice in my head vaguely to the tune of the song and ending with 'baby, baby' or 'sweet darlin'' Real good for doing research.
- •UH ohThis either translates into Pretty Hurts by Beyoncé or Habits (Stay High) by Tove Lo (not the remix)