I have JOBS now (FINALLY)
I've been away from @list for a bit. Miss it terribly!
- •When we moved to MD last year I began applying for one job per week
- •Almost one year later, I still had NOT even received any offers or callbacks
- •I have a BA in something most people recommended I avoid getting my degree inEnglish Literature and Cultural Studies
- •I have always known I want to teach, but never could decide at what levelI took all of my electives in Education courses, but I LOVE, ADORE and WANTED my degree in English Literature. That is what I wanted to study. So I did.
- •And then in June, I got a really good jobIt has nothing to do with my degree, but I love the work.
- •And then in July, I got another really good jobSubstitute teaching, which is so exciting because I will get exposure to so many grade levels. I was even offered a long-term sub position, which I could not accept unfortunately because...
- •Then in August, driving on my way back home to FL for vacation, I got ANOTHER job offer
- •The most amazing offer I did not even expect to ever get (although thankfully I had the good sense to apply for just in case)
- •Adjunct English ProfessorYes, I know adjunct positions are horrible pay, etc., however, for me this is the opportunity of this part of my lifetime.
- •I had to literally fly back home, and then fly back to our vacation, just to go for the interviewThat is a crazy story on its own.
- •I was offered three sections of two courses: Composition and Rhetoric, and Business and Technical WritingComp is a 1st year course, but the Business and Tech Writing course is a 2nd year course!
- •My transcripts, interview, and recommendations were so excellent I will be teaching college-level courses with a BAI am a modest person, but I can readily admit I am proud of that.
- •I will miss being on here reading and keeping up with everyone's lists as often as before... but I know you all understand 💜