PUMPKIN PIE, LADY GAGA, READING, CORONA, DRIVING A CAR
As always, thanks for a list request @nathanveshecco. I haven't had any in a long time. Good categories too.
- •Pumpkin pie: overratedI have to go there with this one because it gets so much attention—but it's the hardest pie to make uniquely. Plus, they've pumpkin'd everything. Thankfully I created a recipe for my family that is great, but the main ingredients are still most likely in someone else's pie too.
- •Lady Gaga: underratedNo one even knew "she could really sing" until Bad Romance came out, and half of them were skeptical it was her singing. She writes, she reaches out to victims, and she has always been unabashedly different.
- •Reading: underratedI do not believe anyone can ever read enough. Therefore, to me, everyone spending time doing other things means that reading is underrated. If you can't name at least five genres in each section of the library/bookstore, you are underrating the importance and value of reading.
- •Corona: overrated (although I don't know personally)All this makes me think of is Dominic Torreto in the Fast and Furious movie franchise ("you can have any beer you want, as long as it's a Corona") If you're even getting Kurt Russell to plug your brand, I'm guessing someone is full of shit. All the best beers I know of do not have a guaranteed spot in a movie franchise. Takes away something in my opinion.
- •Driving a car: underratedI love driving; probably more than most things. Long and winding roads, highways, expressways, back roads, gravel roads...it doesn't matter, as long as I am driving. I find it exhilarating—always. And yes, traffic sucks, but I'd still rather be in it than not driving. Does it for me every time.