SOME OF THE MOST HELPFUL THINGS MY PARENTS EVER TAUGHT ME
This list is not all-inclusive.
- •Righty tighty, lefty loosey
- •Difference between a phillips head and a straight screwdriver
- •Quickest way to boil waterBy walking away until you hear it bubbling out all over the damn stove.
- •How to parallel parkMy dad taught me before I even started Driver's Ed. He knew my GPA was important to me and said that'd be the hardest part.
- •Laughter can fix, and heal, and join people in ways medicine cannot
- •Caring and kindness for others is a priority
- •Always save room for dessertOr, don't deny yourself a little even if you don't have any room left.
- •When to say, please
- •When to say, thank youAlthough they did not teach me to say, you're welcome.
- •How to change a flat tireBy yourself, because you're strong enough, before you waste the time on calling in help.
- •How to save money
- •Do not accumulate a bunch of stuffIt is not worth the space, and cleaning; someone will simply have to get rid of it when you're gone.