OKIE MENTAL STAGES DURING A TORNADO WARNING.
I am a born and raised Oklahoman. 37 years of unpredictable weather. The saying goes "Ya don't like the weather, wait a minute." We are under severe weather warnings tonight and I need to be at work in five hours.
- •Tornado warning appears on my phone: .Ugh. What is that alarm? I did not set anything. Who is calling? Oh. National weather service says I should take cover. Meh
- •The sirens go off:Well frick! Should I get up? I mean, the sirens are for the entire county. *looking out the window) There is zero "activity" outside.
- •Cue the tree limbs tapping on my windows (sirens still sound strong):Oh crap!! I am in a tank top and panties! No bra. Where are my pants? WHERE ARE MY PANTS?!
- •The boyfriend calls and says to get away from the windows:Gasp! This is more serious than I thought. I think I see the twister itself. Why do I live upstairs? I had to live upstairs! Make the noises stop!
- •The sirens stop but the wind is still blowing:Is it finished? Yes! Sweet freedom! Is that hail?
- •Sirens sound again:Blast.
- •The sirens stop. The news site says all clear. Boyfriend says all clear.Rejoice!
- •The bed invites you back.That was not so bad. KEEP YOUR PANTS ON (just in case).