Books I read as a child (<14) that I still think about.
I do not remember books I've read and movies I've watched. My memory is saved for personal facts about everybody I love and/or have met once. So this list is about the small tidbits I remember about some of my fav reads approx years 1998-2004.
- •The entire "Little House on the Prairie" series.Obsessed. I wanted to name my future daughter Laura for a while, wrote a paper on LIW. Laura slapping Mary in the face for her plain brown hair burn is something I often think about.
- •"The House of the Scorpions"I think of this book all the time. How is this a kid's book. There is cloning, slavery, and drugs. Not to mention a lawless man who makes clones to help himself live longer but raises them like his child until he needs their organs.
- •Swiss family RobinsonIt was worth 32 AR points. The most I ever got from one book. The fact that they made their own rubber boots, why does that flash in my head at random. Also, the tree house.
- •The "Ramona" seriesSpecifically the time she squeezed out all the toothpaste and she had to out in all in a zip lock bag and still use it because times were tough. DISGUSTING.
- •The "Anastasia Krupnik" series.There's a scene where she's watching her older cousin use talcum powder. LIKE AM I SUPPOSE TO BE USING IT AS A NOW ADULT??
- •" Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret"Her pad had a belt. Woah. I was glad when I found out that wasn't still a thing. 🙌🏻
- •"The Wind and the Willows"Sometimes I think people are built like Mr. Toad.
- •"Little Women"WHY CAN I NOT REMEMBER ANYTHING?? I read it more than once. It was my "favorite book" for a long time.
- •"The Giver"How did they make people stop seeing color? I just don't understand. Also, why exactly?
- •This is not an exhausted list of books I read as a child, just the ones I think about.