Lines From Movies That Have Forever Changed My Life.
Movies have always been a huge part of my life and helped to guide me into the person I am today. Here are just a few quotes that are and forever will have a special place in my heart. Feel free to contribute and add along your favorites!
- •"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you’re uncool.” -Almost Famous.From my all time favorite movie Almost Famous, this line ties into the very essence of what the film is about. The blurred but distant lines of being cool and uncool and how sometimes finding yourself as uncool actually turns out to be pretty cool. There is an endless amount of lines I could have picked but this one most definitely helped get me through those awkward angsty teen days.
- •"No. The blues are because you're getting fat and maybe it's been raining too long, you're just sad that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?" -Breakfast at Tiffany's.As someone who not only adores most everything Audrey Hepburn does someone explaining a feeling I had felt many times before having a new term, 'mean Reds' gave me sense of comfort in knowing I somehow wasn't alone.
- •"I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her." -Notting Hill.How many of us girls have wanted to say this to a boy before? I know I'm not the only one, but the simplicity and vulnerability of this line has also stuck with me long after viewing the movie.
- •"Just because she likes the same bizzaro crap you do doesn't mean she's your soul mate." -500 Days of Summer.This movie has a handful of memorable lines but this one definitely had a lasting impression. As someone who spent most of her young adult life thinking that your soulmate was someone who could quote all your favorite shows, I related all too much to Tom when I realized just how much that wasn't the case.
- •"We're all pretty bizarre, some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." -The Breakfast Club.Did you really think a John Hughes movie wouldn't make the list? John Hughes movies are what got me through the emotional roller coaster otherwise known as high school and even long after I graduated his films are still just as relevant to my life.
- •"When you realize you want to spend the rest of life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." -When Harry Met Sally.I wanted to fit the whole speech but didn't have enough characters. Everyone has seen this movie by now anyways, but if you haven't go watch it now. To this day I still hope a boy will list off the things he love hates about me and that after years of being friends we would fall madly in love.
- •more coming soon.