To Not-america: An Open Letter
As I read election results on my BBC News app (some of the most impartial US news), I am reminded that the rest of the world sees us through headlines just as we see them through headlines. Thought I'd answer some questions I'm sure you have right now.
- 1.I don't know.I don't know anyone who supports him. My wife doesn't know anyone who supports him. My conservative parents adamantly don't support him. My mom teaches in a rural conservative county and she doesn't know anyone who supports him.
- 2.Is it rigged?I'm the least likely person to believe a conspiracy but you wouldn't have to present me much evidence to support that one.
- 3.Is it all just a reality show?See #2. At this point I think it's a plausible explanation.
- 4.Why do Evangelical Christians support him?I'm a Christian, have been for life, and I'm really not sure who "Evangelicals" are. As far as I can tell they're a manufactured group of extremists who use the Bible as justification for agendas while skipping over literally all the parts about Jesus. I have met maybe three of these people. Again, I live in Georgia, a southeastern "Bible Belt" state.
- 5.That's really all I have to say about this.Goodnight