THINGS I THOUGHT AT THE DMV TODAY
New state, new experience.
- •I look IndianI'm not. Well, maybe like 2% if you believe 23andMe
- •It's time to fess up about my heightI am 5'1 because carrying stupid law school books made me shrink. You say "scholarly", I say "stupid". For years, I held hope I'd grow back to 5'2. Now the world will know I have failed to do so.
- •I will actually miss my old license picture, even though I looked stoned (I wasn't)
- •My old license picture will always remind me of the Spanish fresco debacle
- •Why don't they have bathrooms?I imagine the only thing worse than a DMV would be the state of its bathroom, so they skipped it altogether.
- •Should I have changed my name? Too late now!My name has 10 letters and 2 silent h's. My husband's is 5 letters. Darn his liberalism, he didn't insist.
- •People must not be trying that hard to live in WAThey didn't ask me for any proof of residency. In fact, a number of people eyed my CA license with envy.
- •7-11 must be a bigger thing than I realizeWhen they gave me my temporary license, they made sure I understood that it would not be excepted at bars - "or 7-11".
- •I still don't weigh what it says thereOops. Sadly, it's not even a goal weight or anything cute like that.
- •The Seattle DMV offers books?!!There was a bookshelf. With real books. I love this place.
- •Wow, that was relatively painless.In and out of there in 15 minutes. Washington for the win!