THOUGHTS I HAVE WHILE WATCHING CIRQUE DU SOLEIL
Yesterday we went to see Kurious, which was beautiful and highly entertaining. It did, however, get my mind going
- •"At what point do you figure out this is your true calling?"It's a bit different than writing or science. When do you realize that you are a little human rubber band and should capitalize on this?
- •"Which substances inspired this concept?"From the costumes and sets to the insane feats of human strength, it's a mind trip. Let's just say there was an entire section devoted to hand puppetry.
- •"What did the job ad for this look like?In one act, a man stands atop a number of small mismatched boxes on top of a ball... On a swing... 30 feet above ground.
- •"I would have loved to see the first day of practice for this one"Every act.
- •"I really should work on my core strength"Ride a bicycle hanging upside down from the ceiling of the tent? In Cirque it seems useful, not only for suspension, but because they stand on each other a lot.
- •"I wonder if I can try this at home?"Not recommended.