ALMANAC FLASHBACK: ADVERTISEMENTS FROM EARLY WORLD ALMANACS
Early 20th-century editions of The World Almanac were ad-supported, making for hilarious finds when we're going through our archives circa 2016. Here are a few favorites.
- •KAISER MUSTACHE TRAINER: "If You Want a Nice Well-Trained Mustache"From The World Almanac 1901. ("Overcomes every objectionable feature of a mustache" appears to be false advertising, depending on the reader of the ad.)
- •Ventriloquist Double Throat: "Lots of fun for a dime"Published in The World Almanac 1914.
- •"SANI-PHONE Hygienic Telephone Discs"Published in The World Almanac 1910.
- •Kellogg's Sanitone Wafers: "Drive Gloom from Your Brain"Published in The World Almanac 1914.
- •"Dr. Scott's Electric Corsets and Hair Dryers"Published in The World Almanac 1910.
- •"How to Have Eyes That Fascinate"The secret to "strong, beautiful healthy eyes" published in The World Almanac 1914. 👀