UNINTENDED BENEFITS OF CALIFORNIA'S DROUGHT
- •Fervent camaraderie when it rainsRepublican, democrat, black, white...it doesn't matter. Californians of every creed are excited by even the wimpiest precipitation, it unites us all.
- •Succulents don't suckPersonally I find the ashy greens and blues of nature's least-thirsty plants to be beyond beautiful. The rate they've been replacing lawns is nothing to be mad about.
- •Traveling inflates the egoI can't be the only one who feels like a rockstar when I'm taking a 10 minute shower out of state. Fuck yeah I said 10 minutes. And fuck yeah that's three whole showers that didn't contribute to California's drought problem. I'm such a charitable person.
- •My dog's water tastes like pastaI haven't explicitly asked her, but she seems to enjoy the leftover pasta-flavored water drained after my dinner. You're welcome for the snack, Sophie.
- •More excuses to drink Vitamin WaterI know it's not water. I know it's barely vitamins. But God help me I love that sugar drink. Now whenever people point out my poor eating habits I can blame the drought, and ask them what they're doing to help. Turn the guilt back to them!