How I Knew He Was "The One"
I seriously have THE best husband on the planet - and he's pretty hot too
- •The fact that I had 3 kids didn't scare him away
- •He has always texted back right away - and included punctuation AND some emojisReal men use emojis
- •We were friends first and there was never any pressure
- •He's always known how to talk me from an emotional cliffHe told me I'm not an ugly crier - but I still think he's just being nice
- •He brought my favorite hot tea to my work several times a weekMy coworkers called him "hot tea guy" and this is the ONLY thing I miss about working retail
- •He took dinner to my kids occasionally when I had to work late
- •Not long after we became friends he took a WEEK off work to help me accomplish the move from hellMy kids and I downsized from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment
- •My single friends and coworkers would ask if he had a brotherSorry! He has two sisters
- •He willingly traded in his FJ Cruiser for a minivanHe still embraces the experience saying it's so comfortable he feels like he's driving around in his living room
- •He has always regularly made it a point to tell me I look nice or beautifulHe still does
- •He writes the best love letters - his handwriting is gorgeous
- •He's an amazing guitaristI love the stories and pics from his punk rock band days - swoon!
- •He likes to do yard work, cook, and cleanI cannot put enough emphasis on this one as my first marriage partner avoided both at all costs
- •He has expensive taste but lives within his budget
- •He once rubbed my back for a solid hour during a most nauseating migraine
- •When we decided to get married he drove 850 to ask for my dad's blessingMy granddad was there too. My dad told him if he ever hurt me that he'd come after him with "everything he's got" and he's "got a lot." His reply to my dad? "I'd expect nothing less."
- •My son described him as the type of man he aspires to be when he grows up