List of my 9 favourite childhood Christmas gifts
Proof that I was destined for weirdness
- 1.My little pony nursery. Obviously the door needed to be a bottle, how else would we know that baby horses lived there? Complete with human-sized wooden blocks and a rocker platform for toy horses, but the ponies were supposed to be alive so....
- 2.Electric train set. My dad had to build a wooden platform from pressboard to secure the track to make this remotely safe. I was still shocked repeatedly.
- 3.Remote control Ferrari Testarossa. I've never owned a car since. True story.
- 4.Charmkins! They smelled so good. Look at the sweet solarium attached. The house came with a special addition Blossom in her PJs and her cat in a basket and her bird hanging in a loop thingy. Behind the mirror was a storage area, helpful because there was so much additional crap needed to make them wearable. And you HAD to wear them to school ASAP
- 5.The original SBSC. I got a few one Christmas. They came with plastic animal side-kicks who smelled amazing. My sister gave me the green one when I spilt my head open and had to get stitches. I was like "she comes with a plastic parrot that smells like lime?! My wound is officially worth it!"
- 6.These little fuckers make me so happy. You can put your hands in their sleeves and squeeze them and they squeak. The log house came with a story book (something about surviving a thunder storm) and sweet faux-wooden furniture that seems so hipster to me right now.
- 7.My parents legit cleared out a cubby in the basement where I could get down with my nerdy self and these sweet chemicals. I was 10 - current ten year olds: eat your heart out. You'll never be able to risk mild chemical burns like I was.
- 8.Job Bluth would have been my friend when I was four. Note the stickers that you could stick on your "trunk" to announce the places your show had travelled to. This explains more than I would like to admit about my mistrust of advertising.
- 9.Look at this fucker! He's adorable and also terrifying. He is a puffalump - the unicorn version. I LOVED his rainbow hued horn.