My Favorite Rom-Coms (and Romance Films) 💘
Rom-coms are the easiest to do but the hardest to perfect... here are my all-time faves (in chronological order)! (With some romance films thrown in there too... because I can't always tell the difference)
- •The Parent Trap (1998)This movie somehow made kids everywhere care about two old people rekindling their romance. Most satisfying ending ever!
- •Bridget Jones's Diary (2001)"It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces." It would be morally wrong for this movie not to make this list.
- •It's Complicated (2009)This movie makes being old look fun. Also, it would be a crime to not include a Nancy Meyers film on this list.
- •The Proposal (2009)SO FUNNY! I'm very sure this is what helped Ryan Reynolds score Deadpool.
- •Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)Easily one of the best twists in rom-com (and potentially, cinematic) history.
- •Friends With Benefits (2011)FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS PLOT LINES WILL NEVER GET OLD!
- •The Giant Mechanical Man (2012)In which Danny Castellano and Pam Beesly find love. Weird, but mostly touching.
- •Warm Bodies (2013)I don't know what the average girl's obsession with basically-dead fictional creatures is all about, but... this makes zombies as swoonworthy as vampires.
- •About Time (2013)Time travel and alternate universes have never been this romantic.
- •Two Night Stand (2014)Because we need more movies about online dating.
- •Man Up (2015)Okay, but why do American actresses play British heroines so well?!
- •Trainwreck (2015)Trainwrecks need love too! Also, Bill Hader is the crush you never knew you had.